Tuesday 29 May 2018

Hello everyone I'm back again for Luna's 3 week update! Time really does seem to be flying by I'm writing this on Sunday night feeling a little bit anxious if I'm honest as Ben goes back to work tomorrow and even though I've done it before I'm getting myself a bit worked up about being left on my own with both babies. Anyway I think that's one more for my postpartum update so on to Luna! 

Lucky little lady has had her first holiday this week! Granted that it was only a 5 day break to Butlins at Minehead but it was just so lovely to get away for a few days and relax by the sea. She's been slightly unsettled this week I'm not sure if its the fact we were in a new place or whether she's going through a growth spurt we're not too sure but hopefully she starts settling a bit better again soon! 
We're not sure how much she weighs this week as we don't see the health visitor again for another couple of weeks but she definitely feels like she's filling out and she no longer fits in newborn and some first size clothes so I take that as a sign she's putting on weight nicely! 
Again this week she's starting to get more aware of her surroundings and she's even trying to lift her head up slightly so we've started on giving her a bit of tummy time. We've also started introducing some toys in as well mainly noisy ones that she's beginning to respond too! I also think she's starting to crack the odd smile here or there but I know deep down its probably wind as they say as she is a rather windy madame when she wants to be especially from the bottom end which is quite funny when she passes wind I think she startles herself and pulls some quite funny faces bless her!

Routine-wise we're trying to work out a routine that works best between her and Oliver, we've just started bathing them together which at the moment is working out quite well. She has her last bottle of the night around 10pm and then doesn't wake up till around 2 am roughly then she'll sleep again till about 5 - 6 am. She's currently on 4oz bottles every 3 - 4 hours roughly. We had her first proper unsettled night this week too I'm hoping that this was just a one off and she settles back down. 
I think that's it for this week really so I shall see you all in my next update about little Luna! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luna's 10 Month Update

So we've come to that time again where I'm writing another update for out little Luna Bug! She's 10 months already and I'm...