Thursday 31 May 2018

Luna's 4 Week Update!

So it't that time of the week again which is Luna's update! This week Ben went back to work so I've been thrown in at the deep end with both little squishes and I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been hard! 
This week Luna has started becoming even more restless in the night and doesn't seem to be settling at night. She's really having trouble bring up her wind and the moment and is getting so so uncomfortable bless her! So we're gonna try her on some Infacol or some Coleif to see if that helps her a bit. She seems okay with during the day and worse with it at night, I think because the rocker we put her in during the day has a little bit of an angle to it and obviously the moses basket is flat.

We've also had a trip to the GP this week as she's had a bit of a gunky eye for a while, they seem to think that she has a bit of a blocked tear duct so we've been given some eye drops to try and unblock it they've also sent off a swab to make sure that its not anything nasty that requires anything like antibiotics but we haven't heard back so I'm assuming no news is good news! 
Routine-wise we've just upped her bottles to 5oz and she didn't seem to be settling and was still getting hungry after downing the 4oz, also now that her oral thrush has cleared up I've also managed to get her to latch back on to breast surprisingly! I'd noticed a couple of days ago that my boobs had begun leaking again for some unknown reason so I thought that I'd try my luck and she latched back on straight away! I've decided to give myself so much pressure this time so I've decided to offer her breast and then top her up with a bottle depending on how well and how long she feeds from me for but the last couple of days she's been feeding from me for around 10 - 20 minutes and then taking about 3 - 4 oz from the bottle, we're also exclusively feeding from bottle during the night as that's when she's the fussiest and gets hungry and worked up the most at the moment! So I figured that would save her any more distress when she's trying to latch on when she's really hungry! 

I hope you've enjoyed my 5 week update for my Luna bug and I'll be back next week when she'll be five weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luna's 10 Month Update

So we've come to that time again where I'm writing another update for out little Luna Bug! She's 10 months already and I'm...