Tuesday 29 May 2018

Postpartum Update

So I'm writing this a 4 weeks postpartum and well I feel pretty good if I'm honest! Ben has gone back to work now so that was quite a big adjustment and I have gotten upset a couple of times but I don't think that there's really anything underlying to it, I think my emotions were just a bit all over the place because it was the first time I'd been properly on my own in 5 weeks and the first time I'd had both children by myself so I was a little bit overwhelmed! I have struggled I'll admit that as I'm trying to find that routine that's mine with both of them and it feels like Oliver has just acted up for the sake of it but he's started calming down a bit now as Ben has just entered his second week back at work. 
Physically I feel really good the bleeding has all stopped now so now I'm just waiting for the appearance of mother nature (yay)  and I'm dreading it because anyone reading this will know how awful your first proper period after giving birth is! 

I'm also still trying to work on loving what my body looks like after 2 beautiful children but it's hard there's so much that I want to change and that I'm working on changing! Admittedly I've eaten nothing but junk since Ben has gone back to work as it's been grab it as and when I can just to say I've eaten something and it has been a bag of crisps or a handful of biscuits with a cup of tea not exactly the best diet! but I am working on changing that! I've got bit that are wobbly and I'm riddled with stretchmarks and my body has been filled with that much junk my skin is literally swearing at me right now! I'm also still on iron tablets as my levels are still low but hopefully when I go for my blood test next week they are happy for me to come off them! 
I've also been having a little think about contraception as after everything as much as I love my 2 beautiful squishes I'd love to not have anymore right now haha! I know that I don't want anything heavily hormone based so I'm think maybe the copper coil as it stays there until you want it or need it out and it doesn't release any hormones! So I shall see what my GP says when I go for my 6 -8 week check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luna's 10 Month Update

So we've come to that time again where I'm writing another update for out little Luna Bug! She's 10 months already and I'm...